Thursday, August 28, 2008

Everything Looks Better By Candlelight - Interview by Dawn Easter

I was recently interviewed by Dawn Easter of Dawn Easter Events, Wedding and Event Planner, for her blog. It was an inspiring and uplifting interview I must stay. I am always inspired by the people I inspire. It's really a two-way street!

Here's the interview that you may also find on Dawn Easter's blog:

I (Dawn Easter) had the pleasure of interviewing the fabulous Tamiko Hargrove, President and Creator of the luxe candle collection, Helen Julia. I'm a long time admirer of the Helen Julia line and I know you'll enjoy them as much as I do.

DE: Tamiko, tell us a bit about your company, Helen Julia.

TH: The name Helen Julia was inspired by my grandmothers, Helen Hargrove (my dad's mom) and Julia Calderon (my mom's mom). These two women have helped shape me into the woman I have become and without them I would not be here. So, what better way to thank them for their existence is to name my candle company after them.

I've always been a fan of fragrance and craft since I was a child. I love using my hands in a creative way to make people feel beautiful whether spiritually or physically (I used to be a makeup artist as well).


Helen Julia's Candle Collection was created to spiritually take you away from the daily chaos and stress that surrounds us. You're not just purchasing a candle when you purchase a Helen Julia Candle. Each candle inspires distinct moods; rich in meaning and memory. The names of each candle intrigues your curiosity to want to learn more; in addition to the beautiful packaging that's like no other candle company. Helen Julia's candles are also 100% Soy Wax for a cleaner burn to the environment.

DE: How do you come up with your fragrance combinations? The Sexy Suede and Pink Diamond sound heavenly.

TH: I'm inspired by the memories that are created behind every holiday and season we experience. This is how my fragrances and candle descriptions are created. For instance, Sexy Suede was inspired by the thought of a cold winter night sitting in front of a fireplace with a blanket, cuddled up with a significant other while enjoying "the moment". Sexy Suede Soy Candle is a unisex scent (Vanilla Sandalwood scent) for him or her. Pink Diamond was thought of during Summer when reminiscing of my childhood. It's a very girly fragrance (Cotton Candy Scent) while still feeling like an adult when burning this candle.

DE: How can our brides include Helen Julia candles in their wedding?

TH: Brides can incorporate Helen Julia candles for their events in several ways:

1.) Brides usually have a bridal shower and bachelorette party to celebrate the next chapter of their lives. What a perfect way to thank your bridal party and guests for their support in helping "you", the bride, celebrate one of the happiest days of your life by giving them a Helen Julia Candle as a gift. Helen Julia offers personalized ribbon for each candle. We can print
whatever you'd like on the ribbon for the candle of your choice.

2.) While most venues for such events do not allow scented candles to burn during your special event, Helen Julia also offers unscented candles for display to add to your color theme. Helen Julia candles are packaged with their own colored ribbon. All of Helen Julia's soy candles are available in two sizes.


3.) Last but not least... Dawn Easters brides will be in "The Know" of the latest products by Helen Julia for your events.

DE: So, what's next for Helen Julia?

TH: What's next for Helen Julia are room sprays and a second candle collection titled "The Tuxedo Collection" with new packaging and luxury, upscale scents. These items will launch Spring/Summer 2009! We look forward to introducing you to these new products and are very excited about the expansion of Helen Julia, Inc.!

I hope you enjoyed the interview! Until next time...

No comments: